Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
13.7: Cosmos And Culture
Sun March 10, 2013
Explaining Big Data
Originally published on Mon March 11, 2013 10:17 am
Here is an excellent video from Christopher Barnatt which does exactly what it claims: it explains what the term "Big Data" means and why the field so important. Other than the slow pace of Barnatt's introduction and a bit sidestepping into Hadoop, an OpenSource Big Data application, this video will answer all your "Intro to Big Data" questions.