Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
Fri February 28, 2014
Exports From N.H. Grow Faster Than Any Other State In 2013
Exports grew at 22 percent in 2013, marking the second time in 4 years that New Hampshire has led the country in export growth. The International Trade Association of New Hampshire says that Granite state businesses are now sending $4.3 billion dollars worth of goods out of the country annually.
In general, manufacturing industries drive exports; “electrical manufacturing, electrical machinery, industrial machinery, medical devices, aerospace and defense, and IT” are New Hampshire’s strong suits, according to Kim Kasim, Program director at the NH ITA.
Kasim notes that New Hampshire is helped by its proximity to Canada. Last year Canada was the largest foreign market for Granite State businesses, absorbing more than 31 percent of exported goods.
Business and Economy