Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- Bill Would Require N.H. Employers To Offer Five Sick Days Per Year
Word of Mouth
Wed April 18, 2012
Fake It 'til You Make It, "Faux Real"
Running parallel to the history of art is a long line of art forgeries. Exposed fakes have resulted in scandal, embarrassment, financial ruin, and now, a one-man show. The exhibit, called “Faux Real” …faux as in fake…opened on April first…another wink wink nudge nudge there…to showcase counterfeit works by the prolific forger Mark Landis. Matt Leininger was the first to spot a Landis forgery. He is co-curator of the show.
Video on the exhibit: