Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
Word of Mouth
Wed April 18, 2012
Fake It 'til You Make It, "Faux Real"
Running parallel to the history of art is a long line of art forgeries. Exposed fakes have resulted in scandal, embarrassment, financial ruin, and now, a one-man show. The exhibit, called “Faux Real” …faux as in fake…opened on April first…another wink wink nudge nudge there…to showcase counterfeit works by the prolific forger Mark Landis. Matt Leininger was the first to spot a Landis forgery. He is co-curator of the show.
Video on the exhibit: