Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
Wed May 15, 2013
Fallen Greenland Police Chief's Name Added To National Memorial
Fallen Greenland Police Chief Michael Maloney’s name was added to the National Law Enforcement Memorial at a ceremony in Washington, D.C. this morning.
Officers from the Greenland Police Department were in the nation’s capital Wednesday morning to attend the National Peace Officers Memorial Service.
President Barack Obama was the keynote speaker.
He encouraged people not to wait until tragedy strikes to thank first responders for their service.
“The 143 fallen officers we honor today put themselves on the front lines of that fight, to preserve that quality of community, and to protect the roots of our greatness.”
Chief Maloney was killed in the line of duty in April of last year during a drug raid. He was set to retire eight days later.