Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
Wed May 15, 2013
Fallen Greenland Police Chief's Name Added To National Memorial
Fallen Greenland Police Chief Michael Maloney’s name was added to the National Law Enforcement Memorial at a ceremony in Washington, D.C. this morning.
Officers from the Greenland Police Department were in the nation’s capital Wednesday morning to attend the National Peace Officers Memorial Service.
President Barack Obama was the keynote speaker.
He encouraged people not to wait until tragedy strikes to thank first responders for their service.
“The 143 fallen officers we honor today put themselves on the front lines of that fight, to preserve that quality of community, and to protect the roots of our greatness.”
Chief Maloney was killed in the line of duty in April of last year during a drug raid. He was set to retire eight days later.