Most Active Stories
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
- In Somersworth, Friends, Not Jobs, Bring Millennials Home
Sun June 29, 2014
Fallen Marine's Body Returned To N.H.
The body of a Marine killed in Afghanistan has been returned to New Hampshire. The remains of Lance Cpl. Brandon Garabrant of Greenfield arrived in Manchester Saturday morning. Police and fire officials escorted the casket to a funeral home in Peterborough while volunteers lined the procession route, holding signs showing their support. Garabrant is one of three Marines who were killed June 20 in what the military described as a "hostile incident'' in Helmand province. WMUR-TV reports that calling hours will be held Thursday at ConVal High School and a memorial service is planned for next Saturday, July 5, at the school.