Most Active Stories
- Former UNH Student Goes It Alone In Criminal Court, Wins 'Not Guilty' Verdict
- Update: N.H. AG Says Murder-Suicide Likely In Deaths Of Bedford Mother, Two Children
- Report: Former Chief Justice Banned From UNH Law's Rudman Center
- Why Human Feeding Can Hurt Deer
- Northern Pass Gives $3 Million To Conservation Projects
Sun June 29, 2014
Fallen Marine's Body Returned To N.H.
The body of a Marine killed in Afghanistan has been returned to New Hampshire. The remains of Lance Cpl. Brandon Garabrant of Greenfield arrived in Manchester Saturday morning. Police and fire officials escorted the casket to a funeral home in Peterborough while volunteers lined the procession route, holding signs showing their support. Garabrant is one of three Marines who were killed June 20 in what the military described as a "hostile incident'' in Helmand province. WMUR-TV reports that calling hours will be held Thursday at ConVal High School and a memorial service is planned for next Saturday, July 5, at the school.