Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- Bill Would Require N.H. Employers To Offer Five Sick Days Per Year
Fri January 27, 2012
Fatal Fire in Woodsville
Fire officials say one person died yesterday in a house fire on Swiftwater Road in Woodsville.
The fire was reported about 3 p.m. and while fighting the fire a body was found on the second floor of the home, according to a news release from the state fire marshal’s office.
The positive identification of the victim and autopsy results are pending.
Fire officials said they didn’t find any working smoke alarm on either the first or second floor of the home.
State Fire Marshal J. William Degnan said 74 percent of home fire deaths occur in homes without a working smoke detector.