Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
Fri January 27, 2012
Fatal Fire in Woodsville
Fire officials say one person died yesterday in a house fire on Swiftwater Road in Woodsville.
The fire was reported about 3 p.m. and while fighting the fire a body was found on the second floor of the home, according to a news release from the state fire marshal’s office.
The positive identification of the victim and autopsy results are pending.
Fire officials said they didn’t find any working smoke alarm on either the first or second floor of the home.
State Fire Marshal J. William Degnan said 74 percent of home fire deaths occur in homes without a working smoke detector.