Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Around the Nation
Thu May 30, 2013
FBI Pick Rekindles Debate On Post-9/11 Security Measures
Originally published on Thu May 30, 2013 5:21 pm
Word that the White House plans to nominate former Justice Department official James Comey to lead the FBI has rekindled a debate about the balance between security and liberty. Comey, a Republican, served in the George W. Bush administration after the Sept. 11 attacks.