Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Fri May 11, 2012
FDA May Back Pill To Prevent HIV
Originally published on Fri May 11, 2012 6:52 pm
A Food and Drug Administration advisory panel is recommending that the agency approve the first pill to protect people from getting infected with the HIV. The recommendation is being hailed as a potential milestone in the battle against the AIDs epidemic. If the Food and Drug Administration goes along with the recommendation, the drug would become the first to be approved to prevent HIV infections. Melissa Block talks to Rob Stein.