Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Why Are So Many People Trying A Gluten-Free Diet? Should They?
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Fri May 11, 2012
FDA May Back Pill To Prevent HIV
Originally published on Fri May 11, 2012 6:52 pm
A Food and Drug Administration advisory panel is recommending that the agency approve the first pill to protect people from getting infected with the HIV. The recommendation is being hailed as a potential milestone in the battle against the AIDs epidemic. If the Food and Drug Administration goes along with the recommendation, the drug would become the first to be approved to prevent HIV infections. Melissa Block talks to Rob Stein.