Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Fri May 30, 2014
Federal Building Closer To Being Transerred To Portsmouth
The city of Portsmouth, New Hampshire, is a step closer to acquiring ownership of a building that's been under federal control.
New Hampshire Sen. Jeanne Shaheen says she's received a commitment from the U.S. General Services Administration to leave the McIntyre Federal Building and to work with the city to transfer ownership.
The city has long wanted ownership of the building in downtown Portsmouth.
Assistant Mayor Jim Splaine tells the Portsmouth Herald he envisioned a number of possibilities for the property, including trying to craft a public-private partnership that could include a smaller parking garage, open space, office space and an open market.