Most Active Stories
- Former UNH Student Goes It Alone In Criminal Court, Wins 'Not Guilty' Verdict
- Update: Speaker Demands Apology For Abortion Remark During Debate Over Fourth Graders' Bird Bill
- Update: N.H. AG Says Murder-Suicide Likely In Deaths Of Bedford Mother, Two Children
- Report: Former Chief Justice Banned From UNH Law's Rudman Center
- Why Human Feeding Can Hurt Deer
Mon July 21, 2014
Fighting Rages On In Middle East
The United Nations Security Council is calling for an immediate cease fire between the Israelis and the Palestinians, as Secretary of State John Kerry makes another bid for peace in a trip to Cairo.
After nearly two weeks of fighting, the Palestinian death toll tops 500, mostly civilians, according to the Palestinian Health Ministry.
At least 20 Israelis have died so far — 13 of those are soldiers killed yesterday, the fourth day of Israel’s ground offensive into Gaza.
The BBC’s Paul Adams has been out on the streets of Gaza and sent this report.
- Paul Adams, correspondent for the BBC. He tweets @BBCPaulAdams.