Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Tue February 11, 2014
Fired UNH Hockey Coach Investigated For Alleged Simple Assault
The University of New Hampshire Police Department and Strafford County Attorney’s Office are conducting a criminal investigation of the former UNH womens’ hockey coach, Brian McCloskey.
The University fired McCloskey in December for what it called “inappropriate physical contact” with a player. The incident happened at an away game in November. That player has now filed a complaint, alleging simple assault.
McCloskey says the University has mischaracterized the event. He says he pulled on a player’s jersey “so that she would be seated on the bench” The player, he says, had ignored his coaching instructions.
UNH Police Chief Paul Dean says the investigation is ongoing, and refused further comment