Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
Tue February 11, 2014
Fired UNH Hockey Coach Investigated For Alleged Simple Assault
The University of New Hampshire Police Department and Strafford County Attorney’s Office are conducting a criminal investigation of the former UNH womens’ hockey coach, Brian McCloskey.
The University fired McCloskey in December for what it called “inappropriate physical contact” with a player. The incident happened at an away game in November. That player has now filed a complaint, alleging simple assault.
McCloskey says the University has mischaracterized the event. He says he pulled on a player’s jersey “so that she would be seated on the bench” The player, he says, had ignored his coaching instructions.
UNH Police Chief Paul Dean says the investigation is ongoing, and refused further comment