Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
Thu August 2, 2012
First Lady Campaigns In Laconia
The First Lady defended the president's health care law before a very receptive crowd in the Laconia Middle School Gym.
Do we want these reforms to be repealed [NO!] or do we want the people we love to have the care they need [YES!]
A somewhat dramatic moment came when a teenager standing in the risers behind her fainted.
Oh, can we get some water? It’s hard to stand up!
And Michelle Obama’s pitch of her “It Takes One” effort – a push to get the politically active to reach out to others, was well received by Greg Wilkin.
I come from small town, and we went from Obama in ’08 and we slipped the other way in 2010. And I know now that it can make a huge difference if I talk to some of the people.
The First Lady’s visit continued in Manchester at Southern New Hampshire University. Earlier in the day she visited a private home in Holderness.