Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Abigail Hernandez Back Home With Family
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Around the Nation
Thu March 27, 2014
Flirtatious Customer Spotted Trying To Steal Electronics
Originally published on Mon March 31, 2014 12:18 pm
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm David Greene.
Well, it could have been burgeoning romance at a restaurant in San Mateo, California. A customer left his name and phone number with the bartender, trying to steal her heart. He came back a bit later. This time, at the restaurant's back door, trying to steal a television and other electronics. Employees spotted him, including the woman he had flirted with, and so a date was setup at a donut shop by the police, who promptly arrested the man.
You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.