Most Active Stories
- Former UNH Student Goes It Alone In Criminal Court, Wins 'Not Guilty' Verdict
- Update: Speaker Demands Apology For Abortion Remark During Debate Over Fourth Graders' Bird Bill
- Report: Former Chief Justice Banned From UNH Law's Rudman Center
- Update: N.H. AG Says Murder-Suicide Likely In Deaths Of Bedford Mother, Two Children
- Why Human Feeding Can Hurt Deer
Thu July 18, 2013
Florida Community Asks Mermaid To Swim Elsewhere
Jenna Conti just wants to swim.
In her custom-made mermaid costume.
At the Fishhawk Ranch community pools in Tampa, Fla.
But rules are rules, the local development district board says. And the rules say no swim fins in the pools.
So Conti, or Eden Sirene as she's known when she swims, has been left high and dry.
She "just wanted to really show some magic here in Fishhawk," Conti says.
Still, her dream lives on. She hopes to someday swim with other mermaids at the Florida Aquarium.