Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
Business and Economy
Tue January 14, 2014
Foreclosures Drop To Six-Year Low
Only 161 homes fell into foreclosure in November, the lowest single monthly total since 2007.
New data from the New Hampshire Housing Finance Authority shows foreclosures were down 25% through the first 11 months of 2013, compared to a year prior.
The report credits slow but steady improvements in the housing market and overall economy, and banks allowing more short sales for homeowners who owe more than their house is worth.
Around the Nation