Most Active Stories
- Former UNH Student Goes It Alone In Criminal Court, Wins 'Not Guilty' Verdict
- Update: Speaker Demands Apology For Abortion Remark During Debate Over Fourth Graders' Bird Bill
- Report: Former Chief Justice Banned From UNH Law's Rudman Center
- Update: N.H. AG Says Murder-Suicide Likely In Deaths Of Bedford Mother, Two Children
- Why Human Feeding Can Hurt Deer
Mon September 23, 2013
Former GOP Senator Judd Gregg Says: Ignore Republicans
In an opinion column on The Hill, former Senator Judd Gregg says Americans should ignore the "self promotional babble of a few" that has become the Republican Party.
"You can not in politics take a hostage you can not shoot," Gregg writes, referring to the GOP's threats to defund Obamacare or else default on the debt ceiling.
This stance, Gregg writes, will undermine all Republicans, not just those behind the efforts to defund Obamacare.
Gregg is not backing down on his stance that ObamaCare "is a disaster." But, he says, the party should wait to confront the issue until the affects of the budget sequester begin.