Most Active Stories
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
- In Somersworth, Friends, Not Jobs, Bring Millennials Home
Thu April 10, 2014
Former Manchester Superintendent Dies Following Cancer Diagnosis
The former superintendent of the Manchester School District has died following a cancer diagnosis made just weeks after stepping down from the post last year.
Tom Brennan died Wednesday, according to school officials.
Brennan led the state’s largest school district for five years before retiring last June.
Less than a month after retiring, Brennan was diagnosed with esophageal cancer.
Brennan worked in education in the Granite State for many years, heading the Kearsarge Regional School District for eight years before taking the job in Manchester.