Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Abigail Hernandez Back Home With Family
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Mon June 16, 2014
Formula One Great Michael Schumacher Comes Out Of Coma
Originally published on Mon June 16, 2014 12:38 pm
Formula One legend Michael Schumacher is out of a coma and has been moved from a French hospital to one in Switzerland where he will continue his rehabilitation.
That news comes from his manager, Sabine Kehm, who talked to The Associated Press.
Schumacher, if you remember, had been in a medically-induced coma after a suffering a head injury while skiing in December.
The hospital in Grenoble, France, told the AP that Schumacher had been released Monday morning.
There was no further word on his condition.
As Formula One's website puts it, Schumacher is the motorsport's most successful driver. He's a seven-time champion, whose "sheer dominance" in his prime is "beyond doubt."
"Schumacher also holds nearly every scoring record in the book by a considerable margin," F1 says.