Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Why Are So Many People Trying A Gluten-Free Diet? Should They?
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Mon June 16, 2014
Formula One Great Michael Schumacher Comes Out Of Coma
Originally published on Mon June 16, 2014 12:38 pm
Formula One legend Michael Schumacher is out of a coma and has been moved from a French hospital to one in Switzerland where he will continue his rehabilitation.
That news comes from his manager, Sabine Kehm, who talked to The Associated Press.
Schumacher, if you remember, had been in a medically-induced coma after a suffering a head injury while skiing in December.
The hospital in Grenoble, France, told the AP that Schumacher had been released Monday morning.
There was no further word on his condition.
As Formula One's website puts it, Schumacher is the motorsport's most successful driver. He's a seven-time champion, whose "sheer dominance" in his prime is "beyond doubt."
"Schumacher also holds nearly every scoring record in the book by a considerable margin," F1 says.