Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
Fri October 12, 2012
French Woman Owed Huge Telephone Bill
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. A French woman received a telephone bill and immediately noticed something wrong. The numbers showing how many euros she owed had the decimal point in the wrong spot and an extra 12 zeroes. She owed 11 quadrillion euros. She called the phone company and an operator said, sorry, a computer generated that, can't change it. The company finally relented, which is too bad, because if she'd paid it could've solved the European debt crisis. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.