Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Winnipesaukee's Mail Boat Is Part Floating Post Office, Part Time Machine
Fresh Air Weekend
Sat May 5, 2012
Fresh Air Weekend: Sissy Spacek, Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Originally published on Sat May 5, 2012 11:32 am
Fresh Air Weekend highlights some of the best interviews and reviews from past weeks, and new program elements specially paced for weekends. Our weekend show emphasizes interviews with writers, filmmakers, actors, and musicians, and often includes excerpts from live in-studio concerts. This week:
Sissy Spacek's 'Extraordinary Ordinary Life': The actress's film career has spanned more than four decades. She recounts some of her favorite memories from the sets of movies such as Coal Miner's Daughter, Badlands and Carrie in a new memoir, My Extraordinary Ordinary Life.
Julia Louis-Dreyfus: From 'Seinfeld' To 'Veep': The actress will forever be known to millions as Elaine Benes, the character she played for nine seasons on Seinfeld. But she was also an early cast member of SNL, won an Emmy for The New Adventures of Old Christine and now stars in a new HBO comedy series called Veep.
'The Newlyweds': A Match Made Online: As accusations of sexism ricochet through the book industry, Nell Freudenberger continues to craft wonderful literary fiction, writes Maureen Corrigan. Freudenberger's latest novel, The Newlyweds, tells the story of an Internet-arranged, cross-continental marriage.
You can hear the original broadcasts here:
- Sissy Spacek's 'Extraordinary Ordinary Life'
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus: From 'Seinfeld' To 'Veep'
- 'The Newlyweds': A Match Made Online