Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
Sat March 15, 2014
Fresh Air Weekend: Wes Anderson, Driverless Cars And 'Overwhelmed'
Originally published on Thu March 20, 2014 10:09 am
Fresh Air Weekend highlights some of the best interviews and reviews from past weeks, and new program elements specially paced for weekends. Our weekend show emphasizes interviews with writers, filmmakers, actors, and musicians, and often includes excerpts from live in-studio concerts. This week:
Wes Anderson: 'We Made A Pastiche' Of Eastern Europe's Greatest Hits: The Grand Budapest Hotel takes place in the fictional European country of Zubrowka on the eve of war. Anderson shot much of the film in Germany, drawing inspiration from the surrounding landscape.
By The Time Your Car Goes Driverless, You Won't Know The Difference: The once-futuristic concept is closer than ever to becoming a reality. Parallel parking? Let the car find the perfect approach. Squeezing into a tight space? Hop out and use your smartphone.
For Working Moms, Key To Balance May Lie In Elusive Leisure Time: If waiting for help when your car breaks down doesn't strike you as a leisurely activity, it may be time to reconsider. A new book looks at time management challenges of being a working parent.
You can listen to the original interviews here:
- Wes Anderson: 'We Made A Pastiche' Of Eastern Europe's Greatest Hits
- By The Time Your Car Goes Driverless, You Won't Know The Difference
- For Working Moms, Key To Balance May Lie In Elusive Leisure Time