Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Why Are So Many People Trying A Gluten-Free Diet? Should They?
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Here's What's Awesome
Fri April 20, 2012
Friday Is For Memes: Hologram Tupac
Tupac Shakur's posthumous, holographic performance at Coachella just may vault him to the top of the pack of hardworking dead performers - sure, Elvis tours regularly even though he died in '77, and Johnny Cash has released several critically-acclaimed albums after his official final curtain in 2003, but neither of them went viral the way Hologram Tupac has.
We'll start with @HologramTupac, who joined Twitter shortly after his big performance, and now spouts off some clever, albeit NSFW, rhymes of 140 characters or less. My favorite tweet so far: "Hologram Tupac Don't Follow Nobody!"
And on the internet, holograms take on special significance. Here's Hologram Tupac delivering a special (and, again, NSFW) message:
Hologram Tupac is getting so big, he's even inspiring other memes to sound off. As the Keanu Reeves image macro asks: "What if Tupac is alive, and I'm the hologram? Woah bro"