Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- Bill Would Require N.H. Employers To Offer Five Sick Days Per Year
Thu March 29, 2012
Frustrated over Driving while Intoxicated
We examine the issues raised in a recent Union Leader series on Drunk Driving! Despite decades of attention, the series found major problems still exist: repeat offenders still getting behind the wheel, and the newer concern over people driving under other influences, especially prescription drugs. We’ll look at the issues raised and solutions offered from tougher laws to more treatment.
- Representative John Tholl - Republican State Representative from Whitefield and sponsor of legislation addressing impaired driving.
- James Reams – Rockingham County Attorney and Director on the Board of Governors for the New Hampshire Bar Association.
- Robert Kelley – Director of the Amethyst Foundation, a non-profit organization that offers substance abuse education, intervention, and evaluation.