Most Active Stories
- Former UNH Student Goes It Alone In Criminal Court, Wins 'Not Guilty' Verdict
- Update: Speaker Demands Apology For Abortion Remark During Debate Over Fourth Graders' Bird Bill
- Spring Book Picks 2015
- Report: Former Chief Justice Banned From UNH Law's Rudman Center
- After Six Generations, Making Sure The Family Farm Stays A Farm Forever
Wed April 2, 2014
Funding Fish And Game
This agency does much more than serve hunters and anglers, it’s also involved in search and rescue, land conservation, and habitat management. Despite all these responsibilities, hunting and fishing license fees are the main revenue source. Now, some in the Statehouse are taking hard look expanding that base - to hikers, canoers, and the many others who enjoy the great outdoors.
- Gene Chandler – NH House Minority Leader and lead sponsor of HB 256, which proposes a “hike safe” card to help defray the costs of search and rescue
- Peter Crane – president of the New Hampshire Outdoor Council and a member of a White Mountain Search and Rescue team
- Glenn Normandeau – executive director of New Hampshire Fish and Game and a member of the Sustainability Commission that explored additional revenue streams for this department. You can find a link to the report produced by that commission here.