Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Why Are So Many People Trying A Gluten-Free Diet? Should They?
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Wed May 2, 2012
Future Unclear For Escaped Chinese Activist
Originally published on Wed May 2, 2012 6:26 pm
The U.S. and China have agreed to a deal to allow the blind Chinese dissident who sought refuge in the U.S. Embassy in Beijing to resume a normal life. The issue had threatened to overshadow the visit of Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to China, probably her last in that role. Under a deal agreed to on Wednesday, the dissident has now left the embassy for a Beijing hospital to be reunited with his family.