Gambling Gets Its Day In The House
Gambling has been front and center in New Hampshire politics since January. Governor Hassan made a major political push for it, interest groups weighed in on both sides, and public policy groups came out with data on the possible effects of a Granite State casino. That's why today's vote in the House has been considered by many as maybe the biggest vote of the year. In the end, the House voted 199-164 to kill the casino bill. Today we'll have some of the major players of this debate and ask gaming advocate what's next for them.
- David Hess – Republican State Representative from Hooksett, longtime gambling opponent
- David Campbell –Democratic State Representative from Nashua, supporter of the casino bill
- Josh Rogers – Statehouse reporter for NHPR
We'll also hear from
- Joe Casey – President of the new Hampshire building and Construction Trades Council
- Nicki Clarke- Executive Director of Capitol Center for the Arts