Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Sun September 22, 2013
Gambling Panel May Meet With New Consultant
A special panel tasked with developing casino regulations for New Hampshire may meet with its newly hired consultant at its meeting Thursday.
The New Hampshire Gaming Regulatory Oversight Authority recently hired WhiteSand Gaming of Nevada and New Jersey to help it write regulations for lawmakers to consider next year. The panel has a Dec. 15 deadline to submit draft legislation.
The agreement with WhiteSand says its charges cannot exceed $135,000.
The Senate passed a bill to legalize a single casino this year, but the House rejected it despite lobbying by Gov. Maggie Hassan. A casino bill is being reintroduced and Hassan hopes the panel will address lawmakers' concerns about the state's ability to regulate a casino.
All Things Considered