Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Why Are So Many People Trying A Gluten-Free Diet? Should They?
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
London 2012: The Summer Olympics
Thu August 2, 2012
As Games Play On, London Quieter Than Expected
Originally published on Thu August 2, 2012 8:33 pm
Just a few weeks ago, warnings were flying thick and fast that the Olympic Games would reduce London to chaos, jamming the capital's roads and clogging up its aging transport system. Officials urged residents to work from home and plan their travel carefully. The public seems to have taken that advice to heart.