Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Why Are So Many People Trying A Gluten-Free Diet? Should They?
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Wed August 30, 2006
The Gas Dock Girls
It's back to school time again, and lots of college students from around New Hampshire will be putting in their final hours at their summer jobs this Labor Day weekend.
They've been doing seasonal jobs such as landscaping, waiting tables, and life guarding... and in the Lakes Region, some have been pumping gas.
It's not the typical summer job, but these aren't your typical gas stations.
They're gas docks, and on Lake Winnipesaukee, most of them are run by gas dock girls.
New Hampshire Public Radio correspondent Shannon Mullen stopped by one gas dock in Gilford, to talk to these girls of summer, and she sent us this audio postcard.