Most Active Stories
- Nor'Easter Leaves Thousands Of Granite Staters Without Power, Likely For Days
- Capital Corridor Rail Study: Rail To Manchester a Good Deal, Concord Only So-So
- "Sailor Jerry" Ad Man Turns To History-Rich Tamworth For Whiskey Distillery
- Something Wild: Are Golden Eagles Returning To The Granite State?
- Hassan: Granite Staters Should Prepare For 'Days-Long' Outages
Around the Nation
Thu August 21, 2014
George Bush Challenges Bill Clinton To Ice Bucket Challenge
Originally published on Thu August 21, 2014 1:07 pm
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Former president George W. Bush has responded to the Ice Bucket Challenge.
(SOUNDBITE OF TV SHOW, "TODAY SHOW")
PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH: I do not think it's presidential for me to be splashed with ice water. So I'm simply going to write you a check.
GREENE: But, then former first lady Laura Bush raised a bucket.
BUSH: (Water splashing) Ow.
GREENE: Of course, then he had to mark someone else for dousing. President Obama already declined the challenge so President Bush picked Bill Clinton.
You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.