Most Active Stories
- Former UNH Student Goes It Alone In Criminal Court, Wins 'Not Guilty' Verdict
- Update: N.H. AG Says Murder-Suicide Likely In Deaths Of Bedford Mother, Two Children
- Update: Speaker Demands Apology For Abortion Remark During Debate Over Fourth Graders' Bird Bill
- Report: Former Chief Justice Banned From UNH Law's Rudman Center
- Why Human Feeding Can Hurt Deer
Around the Nation
Thu August 21, 2014
George Bush Challenges Bill Clinton To Ice Bucket Challenge
Originally published on Thu August 21, 2014 1:07 pm
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Former president George W. Bush has responded to the Ice Bucket Challenge.
(SOUNDBITE OF TV SHOW, "TODAY SHOW")
PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH: I do not think it's presidential for me to be splashed with ice water. So I'm simply going to write you a check.
GREENE: But, then former first lady Laura Bush raised a bucket.
BUSH: (Water splashing) Ow.
GREENE: Of course, then he had to mark someone else for dousing. President Obama already declined the challenge so President Bush picked Bill Clinton.
You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.