Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- Bill Would Require N.H. Employers To Offer Five Sick Days Per Year
All Things Considered
Mon April 23, 2012
George Mitchell on Diplomacy as the World Speeds Up
In Manchester, the World Affairs Council of New Hampshire is hosting a global forum with George Mitchell. The Maine Democrat and former Senate Majority Leader most recently worked as President Obama’s special envoy for Middle East Peace.
Senator Mitchell joins All Things Considered host Brady Carlson to talk about diplomacy in a changing region, and how real-time media and the emergence of technology affect the diplomatic process.
Web extra audio: Senator Mitchell talks about the report he issued in 2007 on the use of performance-enhancing drugs in Major League Baseball, and how he thinks the league has dealt with the drugs since the report.