Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Why Are So Many People Trying A Gluten-Free Diet? Should They?
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Tue October 25, 2011
Gingrich Files For Primary
Former House Speaker joins race and signs pledge to cut taxes, spending and the size of government. NHPR's Josh Rogers reports.
Republican Newt Gingrich has added his name to the list of NH primary The former house speaker described vying for the presidency here as an awesome experience.
"From my perspective this is a place that is one of the great centers of American self-government. People have been made and broken in this state and it’s the center of real conversation."
Gingrich, who hired his first local campaign worker last week, said he liked the direction his campaign is heading. Gingrich also joined the list of GOP candidates – 8 and counting – to sign on to a pledge to cut taxes, spending and the size of government. The pledge is being promoted by Tom Thomson, son of former New Hampshire Gov. Mel Thomson.