Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
Tue October 25, 2011
Gingrich Files For Primary
Former House Speaker joins race and signs pledge to cut taxes, spending and the size of government. NHPR's Josh Rogers reports.
Republican Newt Gingrich has added his name to the list of NH primary The former house speaker described vying for the presidency here as an awesome experience.
"From my perspective this is a place that is one of the great centers of American self-government. People have been made and broken in this state and it’s the center of real conversation."
Gingrich, who hired his first local campaign worker last week, said he liked the direction his campaign is heading. Gingrich also joined the list of GOP candidates – 8 and counting – to sign on to a pledge to cut taxes, spending and the size of government. The pledge is being promoted by Tom Thomson, son of former New Hampshire Gov. Mel Thomson.