Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
Thu November 22, 2012
“Giving Thanks: a Celebration of Fall, Food and Gratitude”
Join us for a Holiday Special, called “Giving Thanks: a Celebration of Fall, Food and Gratitude”, from American Public Media. With music and stories for Thanksgiving, host John Birge creates a thoughtful, contemporary reflection on the meaning of the holiday. This year, the show features a grateful tribute to the great writer Nora Ephron, with a warm and funny highlight of her Giving Thanks visit last year. Also, original Thanksgiving music in the studio with pianist Jacqueline Schwab, heard by millions for her piano music for Ken Burns' "The Civil War." Plus, we’ll enjoy a Thanksgiving blessing from Baxter Black and a visit from poet and former NEA chairman Dana Gioia.