Most Active Stories
- Historic Ice-Out Of Winnipesaukee Expected
- Newbie Urban Gardeners Don't Realize How Much Soil Is Contaminated
- Mariano Rivera Jr. To Play For Laconia Muskrats This Summer
- New N.H. Housing Report: Demographics & Housing Mismatch
- A Glimpse At Your Future Electric Bill? N.H. Utility Experiments Encourage Conservation
Wed August 1, 2012
Glen Hansard On World Cafe
Having already found success as the singer of the Irish band The Frames and as half of the folk-pop duo The Swell Season, singer-songwriter Glen Hansard is venturing out as a solo artist. Hansard, who won the Academy Award for Best Original Song in 2008 for "Falling Slowly" — from the film Once, in which he starred with singer and co-writer Marketa Irglova — just released his first solo album, Rhythm and Repose.
To promote his solo debut, Hansard toured the U.S. in June, including a stop at World Cafe Live for a Free At Noon concert on June 15. In this session, Hansard talks to World Cafe host David Dye about the set of Once and his new-found fame as a solo artist. And, of course, he plays songs from Rhythm and Repose live in the studio.