Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
Mon July 23, 2012
Gorham Mill Puts White Mountains On A Map
For the first time since 2009 a guide to the White Mountains is being printed on paper produced in the North Country.
NHPR’s Chris Jensen reports.
About 300,000 copies of the new White Mountains Map and Guide were printed by the paper mill in Gorham, says Jayne O’Connor, the president of White Mountains Attractions.
“It just seemed like a natural, to use something from New Hampshire when you can.”
The Gorham facility is the last paper mill standing in the North Country.
It was reopened last year by its new owner, Patriarch Partners of New York.
It now has 212 workers.
For NHPR News this is Chris Jensen