Most Active Stories
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
- O'Malley Connects With Young N.H. Voters -- Musically
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Keene City Council Rejects Permit For 2015 Pumpkin Festival
- N.H. House Passes Budget, Cuts $300 Million From Hassan's Plan
Mon July 23, 2012
Gorham Mill Puts White Mountains On A Map
For the first time since 2009 a guide to the White Mountains is being printed on paper produced in the North Country.
NHPR’s Chris Jensen reports.
About 300,000 copies of the new White Mountains Map and Guide were printed by the paper mill in Gorham, says Jayne O’Connor, the president of White Mountains Attractions.
“It just seemed like a natural, to use something from New Hampshire when you can.”
The Gorham facility is the last paper mill standing in the North Country.
It was reopened last year by its new owner, Patriarch Partners of New York.
It now has 212 workers.
For NHPR News this is Chris Jensen