Most Active Stories
- Nor'Easter Leaves Thousands Of Granite Staters Without Power, Likely For Days
- Capital Corridor Rail Study: Rail To Manchester a Good Deal, Concord Only So-So
- "Sailor Jerry" Ad Man Turns To History-Rich Tamworth For Whiskey Distillery
- Something Wild: Are Golden Eagles Returning To The Granite State?
- Hassan: Granite Staters Should Prepare For 'Days-Long' Outages
Sun June 22, 2014
Gov. Hassan, N.H. Business Delegation On Trade Mission To Turkey
Gov. Maggie Hassan and a group of New Hampshire business representatives are on a trade mission in Turkey. Jeffrey Rose, commissioner of the state Department of Resources and Economic Development, says Hassan's presence will help open doors to businesses seeking to connect with Turkish businesses. He says Turkey has emerged as an important market and is New Hampshire's 12th largest trading partner. New Hampshire sent $79 million in goods and services to Turkey last year. The group is in Turkey until Friday. Some have criticized Hassan for not canceling the trip after issuing an executive order last month freezing out-of-state travel. Her office has said canceling the trip would cost the participating businesses without saving the state money. Hassan announced plans for the trade mission in March.
Business and Economy