Most Active Stories
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
- In Somersworth, Friends, Not Jobs, Bring Millennials Home
Tue August 5, 2014
Gov. Hassan Nominates I.T., Tourism Department Heads
New Hampshire Gov. Maggie Hassan is asking the Executive Council to confirm her nominations to head the Department of Information Technology and the Division of Travel and Tourism Development.
Hassan has nominated Steve Kelleher as acting commissioner of information technology and Amy Bassett as acting director of tourism.
Hassan is asking the council at Tuesday's meeting in Bridgewater for the confirmations so that the departments will continue to have the leadership needed during the search for candidates to fill them permanently.
Kelleher has been the information technology leader for the Department of Health and Human Services and technical manager for the state's Medicaid systems.
Bassett has developed marketing strategies for the Department of Resources and Economic Development, including as the deputy director of the Division of Travel and Tourism.