Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
Fri April 26, 2013
Gov. Hassan Says Finishing I-93 Expansion Critical To Economic Growth
Governor Maggie Hassan says expanding Interstate 93 is critical to economic growth in the southern tier of the state.
Hassan told members of the Greater Derry Londonderry Chamber of Commerce she understands the urgency to the region of completing the project.
“We know there are businesses just waiting to grow and begin adding jobs but they need us to finish the I-93 project to take these steps.”
And she says while there is agreement about the need to improve the state’s aging highways and roads, lawmakers continue to debate how to pay for it.
The House budget proposes increasing the gas tax to help fund the state’s infrastructure needs, while a Senate proposal relies on revenue from expanded gambling.
Hassan says it’s incumbent upon the Legislature to come to a compromise.
She also made her pitch for a high-end casino in the southern tier of the state.
When asked where it should be located, she said that should depend on a competitive bid process.