Most Active Stories
- Historic Ice-Out Of Winnipesaukee Expected
- Mariano Rivera Jr. To Play For Laconia Muskrats This Summer
- Newbie Urban Gardeners Don't Realize How Much Soil Is Contaminated
- New N.H. Housing Report: Demographics & Housing Mismatch
- A Glimpse At Your Future Electric Bill? N.H. Utility Experiments Encourage Conservation
Thu July 11, 2013
Gov. Hassan Signs Off On Allowing For 2 A.M. Last Call
Governor Maggie Hassan signed a bill into law this week that allows communities to extend last call for serving alcohol from 1 a.m. to 2 a.m.
The law requires that the local governing body pass an ordinance approving the change before it can take effect.
Governor Spokesman Marc Goldberg said Hassan appreciated the bill allows local communities to decide whether to opt in to the new last call.
The New Hampshire Chiefs of Police opposed the legislation.
The law goes into effect Jan. 1.