Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Fri February 8, 2013
Gov. Hassan Urges Drivers To Get Off The Roads
New Hampshire Governor Maggie Hassan asks for drivers to be off the roads by 7 p.m. Hassan expects residents will exercise caution as blizzard like conditions begin to bear down on New England.
The governor's vote of confidence came after her counterpart to the south, Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick issued an executive order barring drivers from bay state roads after 4 p.m. At an afternoon news conference with state emergency officials, Hassan said closing New Hampshire's roads never crossed her mind.
"Well I think it’s really important that we do what we always do in the Granite State, which is use our judgment, and make sure that people have the opportunity to get to where they need to be."
But New Hampshire will close its state run liquor stores at 6 p.m. Forecasters expect two feet of snow to fall in parts of state, but safety officials don’t anticipate large or widespread power outages.