Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Mon November 11, 2013
Gov. Hassan: Veterans Day A Time To Show Respect To Those Who've Served
Governor Maggie Hassan spoke at a Veterans Day ceremony at the State House this morning.
She says the day is a time for ordinary citizens to show the respect and admiration they have for those who have served.
“I don’t know that we can ever really do anything that matches the commitment and sacrifices that you have all made, but today is one of the ways we try to do that.”
Speakers at the ceremony said it’s important to recognize the sacrifice veterans make for their country and to make sure they receive the care they need when they return home.
Hassan is also speaking today at a ceremony at the State Veterans Cemetery in Boscawen.