Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Fri November 15, 2013
Governor Pushes For Medicaid Expansion Agreement In Republican District
Governor Maggie Hassan made an appearance in Hampton on Friday morning at the public library. There, she called on Republicans in the Senate to come to an agreement with Democrats on how to expand Medicaid.
Hassan began with her now familiar pitch for expanding Medicaid to more low-income people. Her choice of Hampton, however, was no coincidence. The Governor had come to the hometown of Republican Senator Nancy Stiles with a message for the Senator:
I'm here today to ask her to work with us, to come to the table, and support a plan to expand health coverage that actually works.
Stiles had voted with Democrats this summer in support of Medicaid expansion. But she now supports a Senate proposal that aims to move 35,000 individuals from Medicaid onto private insurance in 2015. Democrats including Hassan believe that timeline is too fast to work.