Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Tue December 31, 2013
Granite State Ski Resorts Set To Ring In 2014 With Festivities
Ski resorts across the Granite State will be holding New Year’s Eve celebrations tonight.
Ragged Mountain in Danbury is calling its bash Tube Year’s Eve, after the recent opening of a new snow tubing park.
Marketing manager Stacey Lopes says the park is over two football fields in length.
“We will be having a special tubing session from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. and you can tube for three hours. Normally, tubing is two hours long. And you still get home with your kids in time to see the ball drop.”
Admission to the snow tubing park is $23, but Lopes says there will be entertainment in the base lodge free of charge.
Several other ski resorts will hold celebrations to ring in 2014.
At Gunstock Mountain in Gilford, the trails will remain lighted until 11:30 p.m., with fireworks at midnight.
Gunstock will also have horse-drawn carriage rides and snow shoe tours.
Pat’s Peak, Cranmore, Mount Sunapee, and King Pine are also hosting New Year’s Eve festivities.