Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Abigail Hernandez Back Home With Family
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Tue December 31, 2013
Granite State Ski Resorts Set To Ring In 2014 With Festivities
Ski resorts across the Granite State will be holding New Year’s Eve celebrations tonight.
Ragged Mountain in Danbury is calling its bash Tube Year’s Eve, after the recent opening of a new snow tubing park.
Marketing manager Stacey Lopes says the park is over two football fields in length.
“We will be having a special tubing session from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. and you can tube for three hours. Normally, tubing is two hours long. And you still get home with your kids in time to see the ball drop.”
Admission to the snow tubing park is $23, but Lopes says there will be entertainment in the base lodge free of charge.
Several other ski resorts will hold celebrations to ring in 2014.
At Gunstock Mountain in Gilford, the trails will remain lighted until 11:30 p.m., with fireworks at midnight.
Gunstock will also have horse-drawn carriage rides and snow shoe tours.
Pat’s Peak, Cranmore, Mount Sunapee, and King Pine are also hosting New Year’s Eve festivities.