Most Active Stories
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
- O'Malley Connects With Young N.H. Voters -- Musically
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Keene City Council Rejects Permit For 2015 Pumpkin Festival
- N.H. House Passes Budget, Cuts $300 Million From Hassan's Plan
Fri February 8, 2013
Granite Staters React To Egypt
A roundtable of Granite Staters with ties to Egypt gives us their thoughts about the recent unrest in that country, and its difficult transition to a new government, after popular protests toppled the Mubarak regime two years ago. We’ll also find out what they’re hearing from friends and family in Egypt and hear their hopes and concerns for Egypt’s future.
Gamil Azmy was raised in Suez, Egypt, came to the United States in 1969 and moved to New Hampshire in 1982. He has owned several restaurants and currently lives in Warner where he owns a farm.
Bahaa Elaidi, an engineering consultant in New Hampshire, was born in Egypt and came to the United States in 1982. He has lived in New Hampshire since 2002.
Nabil Migalli, co-founder and chairman of the Arab-American Forum in New Hampshire, was born in Egypt and came to the United States in 1981. He lives in Manchester.