Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Around the Nation
Mon December 17, 2012
The Gritty, Hard Climb Out Of Poverty
The face of the American poor is changing. Journalist Anne Hull recently wrote about one teenager's struggle to break the cycle of poverty in a small rust belt town. Host Michel Martin discusses the story with Hull, youth pastor Shawn Galla, and the Brookings Institution's Ron Haskins.