Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Mon September 23, 2013
Guinta Announces He's Running To Reclaim 1st District Seat
Former 1st District Congressman Frank Guinta has formally announced his intention to run for the seat he lost to Carol Shea-Porter last November.
Guinta made it official with a two-minute video posted on his campaign website Monday morning.
"The middle class is really getting squeezed right now. Rising health care costs. Higher tuition bills. Lower take home pay. And we have a government that can't get anything done."
The Republican served two terms as mayor of Manchester.
He beat Shea-Porter, a Democrat, for the 1st District seat in 2010, but lost by a slim margin in a rematch in last fall’s election.
In the video, he talks about reforming government and protecting Medicare and Social Security.
“By working together, we can solve our problems. I’m Frank Guinta and that’s why I’m running for Congress.”
The video also features shots of Guinta with his family and wife Morgan.