Most Active Stories
- Police In Riot Gear Clash With Crowd In Keene, Several Injuries Reported
- Pop-Up Party Company Under Scrutiny For Role In Keene Riots
- Keene State Students Clean Up After Mayhem Near Pumpkin Fest
- Is Party Company 'FinnaRage' To Blame For Keene Riots?
- First Of Five Health Insurers Outline 2015 Exchange Plans
Mon September 23, 2013
Hampton Police: Driver In Deadly Accident With Bicyclists Had No License
Police say the woman who hit and killed two cyclists did not have a license and had been stopped hours earlier for speeding.
Hampton Deputy Police Chief Richard Sawyer tells the Portsmouth Herald that 20-year-old Darriean Hess, of Seabrook, was stopped at 12:46 a.m. Saturday for speeding in the same area where the crash happened eight hours later.
He says she didn't have a license. She was ticketed and ordered her to wait for a friend to drive her car away.
Police say Hess was driving again around 8:30 a.m. Saturday when her vehicle crossed the centerline and hit four cyclists participating in a 100-mile ride.
Two riders died.
The investigation continues. Sawyer says Hess took a blood test that will check for alcohol or other substances.