Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Sat November 9, 2013
Harbor Homes Supports Homeless Vets
When Matt Milbourn, a veteran of the first Persian Gulf War, found himself unexpectedly made homeless, Harbor Homes was there for him.
In addition to operating a homeless shelter, Harbor Homes also manages a reintegration program, offering services, healthcare, and education to homeless veterans and their families. Matt earned his CphT (Certified Pharmacy Technician) through the program, and now teaches computer education and life skills classes at Harbor Homes.
"The people at Harbor Homes have professional, can-do attitudes, they're not willing to accept defeat, they see the positive on every side of a negative. I figured, what better way to pay back the people who basically saved my life by helping someone else who was in the same position I was."
"It’s a wonderful group of people that have taken on a tremendous task. I thank god every day that these people were there."
Word of Mouth