Most Active Stories
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
- O'Malley Connects With Young N.H. Voters -- Musically
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Keene City Council Rejects Permit For 2015 Pumpkin Festival
- Winning $146K On 'Jeopardy!' Was N.H. Woman's Lifelong Dream Come True
Tue July 29, 2014
Has Britain's Economy Fully Recovered?
The United Kingdom’s economy is back to the level it was at in early 2008, before the banking crisis sent it plunging.
It’s good news, of course, but Prime Minister David Cameron’s opponents are taking it with a grain of salt because so much of the growth is based on advances in the service sector. Still, officials say the British economy is actually now growing faster than Germany’s or the U.S.
The BBC’s Andrew Walker talks with Here & Now’s Jeremy Hobson about what the numbers really mean.
- Andrew Walker, economics correspondent, BBC. He tweets @andrewwalker167.