Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Tue July 29, 2014
Has Britain's Economy Fully Recovered?
The United Kingdom’s economy is back to the level it was at in early 2008, before the banking crisis sent it plunging.
It’s good news, of course, but Prime Minister David Cameron’s opponents are taking it with a grain of salt because so much of the growth is based on advances in the service sector. Still, officials say the British economy is actually now growing faster than Germany’s or the U.S.
The BBC’s Andrew Walker talks with Here & Now’s Jeremy Hobson about what the numbers really mean.
- Andrew Walker, economics correspondent, BBC. He tweets @andrewwalker167.