Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- Bill Would Require N.H. Employers To Offer Five Sick Days Per Year
Wed September 12, 2012
Hassan Accepts Democratic Nomination
Democrat Maggie Hassan won the Democratic nomination for Governor at the Puritan Conference Center in Manchester last night. She says she’s ready to face Ovide Lamontagne, whom she called “the tea party favorite.”
Hassan brought up issues from payday loans, to education and womens’ health:
Under my opponent’s version of live free or die, abortion would be illegal, even for the victims of rape or incest, and women and their doctors would be treated as criminals.
Hassan continued with the refrain, "that's the tea party way." She also criticized the legislature’s recent budget cuts, especially to education.